Primary Care Support, eHealth & Information and Communications Technology
Healthcare provider support is divided into three areas: Primary Care, eHealth and Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
Primary Care Support
The Primary Care Support team supports all members of general practice and allied health practice teams – GPs, nurses and other allied health professionals, practice managers and administration staff. The team aims to help practices improve the health of their patient populations by providing information, resources, education and assistance to implement quality practice systems.
- Practice support service
- Allied health engagement
- e-health and information management
The ISML Primary Care Support Team comprises Linda Blackmore (Manager), Debbie Clark, Melanie Cousins, Lisa Girdo, Karen James and Pilar Otero (Practice Support Officers), Chris Jones (Primary Care Support Co-ordinator/Allied Health Engagement Officer), Cecilia Bicego (Allied Health Engagement Officer), Rosina Raschilla (Admin, Events and Media Officer) and Rebecca Johnson (Administration Officer).
The ISML website offers resources, templates, links and latest news, allowing practices to access support promptly and independently.
eHealth Support is now available for Primary Care providers. Support will focus on:
- assisting healthcare providers in using and adopting eHealth systems and services
- increasing eHealth literacy across the Network through providing education to healthcare providers
- promoting the benefits of eHealth through distributing information, resources, and lessons learned
- improving the consistency of eHealth messages delivered through the ISML region
Information and Communications Technology Support
The Information and Communications Technology team is focused on delivering quality IT support to the Health sector. Our services encompass:
- Help desk assistance through e-mail, phone, onsite visits and remote access
- Supply, installation and maintenance of hardware
- Supply, installation and maintenance of software
Our existing customers are able to log service requests online via our Web Portal.
Maintenance packages are the most current concept developed by OTliS. They have been developed to assist Practices to meet the current accreditation, IM/IT and PIP compliance requirements. The package is based on implementing monthly tasks such as MIMS updates, back ups, upgrades to software and/or hardware. Additionally it assists practices in maintaining their IT systems, reducing the occurence of problems and subsequent helpdesk assistance.
Remote access allows OTIiS technicians to assist practices remotely. Remote access has proven to be a success reducing costs and saving time.