Membership of Grand Pacific Health, trading as Illawarra-Shoalhaven Medicare Local will enable you to be part of the newly established organisation that will be at the forefront of co-ordinating primary health care delivery and taking on the challenge of addressing local primary health care needs and service gaps. You will be helping to drive improvements in primary health care and ensuring that services are better tailored to meet the needs of local communities. Grand Pacific Health is a company limited by guarantee. There are no shareholders, only members. Governance is by a board comprising elected and appointed directors.
There are five membership categories: Ordinary, Practice, Organisational, Associate and Life.
Members have these entitlements under the Grand Pacific Health Constitution:
- To attend and vote1. at general meetings, usually only one meeting per year, called the Annual General Meeting (AGM). At least 21 days notice of the place and time of the meeting is required. (Exceptional general meetings may also be called)
- To receive annual audited company financial accounts
- To nominate and elect directors by voting in elections or at meetings
- To vote on any fundamental changes to the nature of the company, its name or its purposes, or what happens if it winds up
1. Excludes Associate members
The Constitution sets out what the company can do and why it exists, and deals with the holding of meetings, the admission of members, the election of directors and other rules relating to the running of the company. Click to view the Constitution. Or it may be inspected by appointment at the Company registered office, Suite 3, Level 1 336 Keira Street Wollongong NSW 2500.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Practice and business support including accreditation, e-Health, After Hours, chronic disease management and recruitment.
- Assistance and technical support with information management, information and communications technology (ICT) and e-health.
- Opportunities for networking within and between disciplines
- Publications - weekly email updates and a quarterly newsletter
- A range of clinical services for referral of your patients
- Our website provides information on current events and updates, templates and other practice resources, information on ISML clinical services, links to useful sites and a service directory of general practice, allied health and specialist services.
How to join
To become a member and access the benefits of Grand Pacific Health please:
- Complete an application form with relevant details (see links to forms below)
- Sign the application form and email or fax the form to ISML
- The Company Secretary will then recommend the applicant to the Board
- The Board will approve or reject membership
- The applicant will be advised of the outcome by the Company Secretary and, if successful entered on the membership register
Links to membership application forms